In August 2016, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) has launched, within the context of its strategy aiming to doubling industrial growth rates as well as deepening local industry, the first initiative registered Egyptian trademark called “Proudly made in Egypt”. The goal of this initiative is to activate reliance on local products to contribute to doubling industrial growth and supporting industrial enterprises in applying the highest quality and administrative standards.
This trademark is exclusively owned by MTI and is granted by IMC for both public and private eligible establishments. Years later, the trademark has turned out to be a logo for enterprises applying comprehensive quality standards endorsed by international and Egyptian accreditation agencies.
Key criteria for obtaining the Trademark
Passing the evaluation process conducted by IMC Assessment team following by a field visit (70% score at least) the company should have effective and implemented standards covering the following:
- Strategic planning
- Human resources Management
- Production Management
- Quality management
- Energy systems and rationalization
- Environmental system and waste management
Documents needed for obtaining the Trademark
- Valid Industrial Registration.
- Valid Manufacturing License.
- Valid Quality Management Certificate.
Why obtain the “Proudly made in Egypt” trademark
- It is an initiative launched by the Egyptian government to support and promote high-quality Egyptian manufacturing and products.
- The initiative supports Egyptian economy by investing in manufacturing in Egypt.
- It is considered as a logo for enterprises that apply comprehensive quality standards approved by the Egyptian / international accreditation bodies.
- It is considered a tool to support industrial companies to apply the highest quality standards and modern management systems by obtaining a validity report that reflects the required areas of improvement and development.
- Enterprises which have obtain subsidized services through IMC to fill the gaps that may appear during the evaluation (according to the procedures regulating this matter).
- Publicizing enterprises that have obtained the Trademark through official websites, electronic magazines, and social media of MOIT and IMC (Facebook-Twitter).
- Distinction of enterprises manufacturing a high quality Egyptian product from the informal sector
- An improvement in consumer's perception of local products and their manufacturers
- Consumer protection from fake products, poorly manufactured products manufactured in the informal sector.
- Improving products quality, which contributes to an increase in the volume of sales and purchase orders.
- Helping apply the highest quality management, occupational health and safety standards in industrial facilities, a safe work environment, providing training and granting benefits to workers.
- Incorporating the phrase "Made in Egypt" in the marketing of the facility's brand enhances the potential of manufacturing in Egypt, will help substantiate a positive view of industry as a profession for younger generations.
- Create a good reputation and increase customer loyalty to the facility by working closely with them and meeting their needs.
How to request the Trademark?
- IMC Headquarters: 1195 Corniche El nil, FEI Building – 2nd Floor – Cairo
- The nearest IMC branch in governorates