The German Egyptian Program for Qualifying and Training the Industrial Enterprises for Economic Partnership with Federal Republic of Germany
Fit to Partnership with Germany
Within the framework of cooperation between The Industrial Modernisation Centre IMC, the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy and GIZ – to implement a program aiming to activate the economic cooperation channels and deepen the commercial and developmental fields between Federal Republic of Germany and 21 countries of Eastern Europe, Asia, Latin America, Sub-Saharan African Countries and North Africa including the Arab Republic of Egypt. The program facilitates B2B meetings with commercial and/or industrial German enterprises to expand the frameworks of the economic relations with Egyptian enterprises and holds training program which aims to explain the latest methods of management to Chairmen and Mangers of the Egyptian enterprises in addition to the related culture of commercial dealings especially with German enterprises via German institutions and training organizations.
Firstly: the first course from 9th March 2020 to 4th April 2020
- 57 meetings have been held with representatives of registered companies in the IMC applying to join the program in accordance of its terms and conditions.
- 25 applicants have been selected from those who registered in the first course.
- A preparatory training course has been held in Cairo for 4 days, two sessions were held on 16th & 17th December by the Egyptian side and the other two sessions were held on 9th & 10th February 2020.
- A preparatory training course has been held in Cairo for 4 days, two sessions were held on 16th & 17th December by the Egyptian side and the other two sessions were held on 9th & 10th February 2020. by the German side. The program has been reset to use the internet (online system) , 8 weeks online sessions, and one week in the Federal Republic of Germany to practice.
- First session events have been held from 24th of August to 21st of October 2020.
Secondly: the second training course from 23rd November till 23rd of December 2020
- On July 2020, the second course of the program has been announced.
- The Industrial Modernisation Centre IMC has received 29 applications to join the program by the industrial enterprises.
- During July, August and September 2020, 29 online MS Teams interviews have been held, in cooperation with the German committee to interview and select representatives of the industrial enterprises.
- Online interviews resulted in selecting 21 of owners and representatives of top management of the industrial enterprises to join the program
Some statistics about the first course of the program 2020
Expected outcomes during 2021:
- Provide about 65 training opportunities to qualify and train representatives of different industrial enterprises during 2021, via the latest methods of business management including the concept and mechanism to complete commercial deals with European organizations especially German organizations.
- Facilitate B2B meetings with commercial and/or industrial German enterprises to create and expand the frameworks of the economic relations with Egyptian enterprises
- Activate the economic cooperation channels and deepen the commercial and developmental fields between Egyptian enterprises and German counterparts.